If you are finding a helpful tool that helps you to view all changes on your projects or files, and embed detail from GitHub by pasting in the URL, you should read this article.
What can the WordPress GitHub Plugin do?
After you have already finished the process of setting, you are completely able to get the download count, link, and other information for releases of GitHub repositories easily. In addition, this perfect plugin can help you to hide information about the download count or the download link for the source code, and much more. You can spend a little time reading whole below plugins to find the best plugin that is suitable for your purpose.
Top best WordPress GitHub Plugin
GitHub Embed is famous for its vital features. By using this plugin, you have the capability to embed detail from GitHub by pasting in the URL. In addition, it also gives you some basic styles or you also add classes to style according to your interest.
- Provides very basic styling
- Allows you to embed details from GitHub just by pasting in the URL
- Work effectively
The significant feature of this plugin is that it allows you to get the download count, link, and other information for releases of GitHub repositories. It means that you receive the number of total downloads for one GitHub repository.
- All repository downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer”]
- Latest release downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer” latest=”true”]
- Specific release downloads: [grd_count user=”IvanRF” repo=”MassiveFileRenamer” tag=”v1.6.0″]
- Gets information about the latest published release for the repository
- Gets information about the release with the specified tag name
- The release description and the list of files that can be downloaded
- Hides information about the download count
- Hides the download link for the source code
- A great plugin
- Easy to use
The plugin only takes you a few minutes to set up. However, after you have finished the process of installing, you can freely add a GitHub Repository Embed Block to the Block Editor. In addition, if you want to present a card with the repository information, this plugin completely allows you to do that.
- Add a GitHub Repository embed block to the Block Editor
- Show a card with the repository information
- Add a GitHub repository to any page or post on your website
- Simple and lightweight
- Nice tool
- Translation ready
This plugin is trusted by a ton of users around the world, because of its easy interface. You can use it without professional coding requirements. It allows you to adds Github Gists in your posts via shortcode.
For example, you can include a full Gist with the following shortcode:
- Add a full gist: [gist id=”3837669″]
- Add a specific file in a gist: [gist id=”3837669″ file=”index.php]
- A user-friendly tool
- Full support
The plugin has been built with many powerful features. Thanks to that, you can easily add “Fork me on Github” ribbons to your WordPress posts or pages. Moreover, you can optionally choose the position to show the ribbon. Furthermore, there are 6 various colors that are available for you to choose from.
- Choose between image-based ribbons or CSS3 based ribbons
- Choose whether to show the ribbon on the right side or on the left side
- Configuration can be set either globally or on a post-by-post basis
- Pick up any one of the 6 different colors that are available
- You can choose whether the link has to open in a new tab or not
- Available support
- Translation ready
WP GitHuber MD is one of the most qualified Plugins because all of the features are integrated into this plugin. You can conduct various features such as Markdown editor, live-preview, image-paste, HTML-to-Markdown helper, and more.
- Live preview.
- Spell check.
- Enable/disable Markdown for a single post.
- Support Gutenberg editor.
- Support custom post types.
- Support Markdown extra syntax.
- HTML-to-Markdown tool.
- Image copy & paste (support uploading to Imgur.com and sm. ms)
- Highlight code syntax. (prism.js or hightlight.js)
- Flow chart.
- And much more
- Many powerful features
- A useful tool without any Warranty
If you want to display the latest commits of a GitHub repo in the sidebar, you shouldn’t ignore this plugin. This perfect tool gives you a sidebar widget that can be configured to exhibit commits from a GitHub repo in the sidebar. Moreover, you can also use the below template function to show the commits of a GitHub repo to any area in the theme.
- $user(string) – Github user name.
- $repo (string) – Github repo name.
- $count (int) – default 5 – Number of recent commits to show
- Adds the following CSS classes
- Can use the code from this gist to increase the timeout
- Shortcode support
- Ability to hide author-name
- Make the output of widget content pluggable
- Excellent support
- Available translation
This great plugin enables you to publish the markdown files currently in a Github repository to your WordPress site. By using this plugin, your WordPress post won’t miss any changes because whenever the files are added, updated in the repository, your post will be updated immediately.
- Markdown will be processed and the post will be published in HTML
- Images used in the source file will be uploaded to WordPress
- Relative links are supported
- Set post properties like post status, title, order, category, tags, etc, in the source file itself
- Webhook support (whenever the repository is changed, it updates the plugin to pull the latest changes and publish the posts)
- Add multiple repositories
- Publish to any post type
- Posts are published in a hierarchical manner if they are under folders
- Support for post metadata like setting tags, categories, custom fields
- Intensive features
- A helpful plugin
- Work perfectly
GitHub Plugin is really necessary for your WordPress site. We hope that you can consider thoughtfully to have the right choice for your website. In addition, if you enjoy using beautiful themes, don’t hesitate to visit our free WordPress Themes where there is a wide range of amazing themes for your website. Thanks for reading.